Mental Health Counseling and Psychotherapy Rates
The following rates apply to both in-person and online counseling:
- Individual Counseling for ~50 minutes: $175 per session
- Couples Counseling/Marriage Counseling for ~50 minutes: $175 per session
- Hypnosis: $175 per session
- Biofeedback: $175 per session
- Substance Abuse Evaluation: $600 per evaluation
- Psychological Testing, Assessment, and Evaluation: Please contact our office for pricing
- Initial Consultation: $200 per session
Payment and Insurance
In addition to self-pay, we accept Aetna, Optum, and United Healthcare PPO plans for residents of Arizona and Illinois.
Most other insurance plans include benefits for mental health services by a psychologist. Some of your treatment may be insurance reimbursable depending on your insurance plan’s coverage. We can provide you with a Super Bill that contains the proper codes. This bill can be submitted to your insurance company and/or healthcare spending account for review and possible reimbursement.
If you have questions about what your insurance will cover, we can help you determine this. Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts can also be used to cover services. Payment can be made as cash, check, or credit card and is due at the time of service.
If using your health insurance, please get in touch with your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- What is the coverage for mental health services, including counseling?
- What is my annual deductible and how much has been met?
- Do I have a limit on the number of sessions I can receive?
- How much coverage do I receive per therapy session when using an out-of-network provider?
- How do I seek reimbursement for services?
- Do I need approval from my primary care physician?
- What will my co-pay be per session (for accepted plans)?
- Does my insurance cover online counseling/teletherapy?
What Are The Benefits of Self-Pay?
Some individuals elect to pay out-of-pocket and avoid using their insurance. If you are concerned about your employer or insurance company learning about a mental health diagnosis, you may want to consider self-pay. As with any health-related therapy, insurance companies rely on diagnosis and procedural codes to reimburse healthcare providers. This applies to mental health treatment as well. As such, self-pay allows you to keep your mental health diagnosis and, sometimes, therapy notes private.
More insurance companies are limiting services in the number of sessions and time available. Additionally, with high deductible plans, you may have to pay for sessions to meet your deductible. In this case, you have the freedom to choose a provider. Lastly, Dr. Mazzei accepts only certain insurance companies and self-pay to provide high-quality services and direct resources to advancing therapies while minimizing administrative costs.
As part of the intake process, a good faith estimate will be provided to you.
How Do I Get Started?
The best place to start is by speaking to our staff, who can discuss treatment options, answer any questions about the process, and schedule a confidential appointment with Dr. Mazzei. If you have any questions or want to schedule an initial consultation, please call or contact us today.
Connect With Us
Evolutions Behavioral Health Services is located at 3377 S. Price Rd., Suite 2104, Chandler, Arizona, 85248. You can reach us at (480) 448-6755.